We have adequately drilled down on the rhetorical formula for battle speeches. So let's try making our own... with an ironic twist. Here are your potential audiences:
- Eating Contest (Ghost chili)
- Scrapbooking conference
- Pokemon tournament
- Toddler tee-ball
- Shuffleboard match in retirement home (Emily R h/t)
- Connect 4 (Jake W h/t)
- Some other ironic situation.
Your first step is to brainstorm your audience's unique needs and consider the various metaphors and word choice (diction) that will activate their emotions.
- Pull exclusively from our list of appeals.
- Consider which rhetorical devices from previous speeches will best fit this particular audience.
- Word Count-350- Roughly "Gettsburgh"
- Make me laugh