Here we go again...this time you can team up with a partner (as in one other carbon based life form) to break down some rhetoric from a famous film. Get started by clicking on American Rhetoric Movie Speeches or Filmsite.org maybe some other scene from a movie/TV you can find from the intertubes. This is a first come/ first serve list for films so there can not be any redundancy in our presentations. The list begins now...tell me your selection before you get too far into the analysis. You may not use any war/coach speeches motivational...We will cover that in January. Break it down for us. Create a brief Google Slide Show that covers the following rhetorical elements.
- Slide 1-Explain what we know about the speaker and their motive(s). What do they want from their audience (not us audience- the people they are speaking to)?
- Slide 2-Who is the audience? What do they value? Why might they be reluctant to move upon request of speaker? or why might they be excited or intrigued?
- Slide 3-Explicitly lay out the strategy of the speaker. What must they do to "unlock" the audience? Establish at least three unique strategies at play in this speech.
- Slide 4 + What are the rhetorical devices in the speech? How did this device amplify the strategy?
- Slide- 6? One perfect paragraph to model how you would write this in the rhetorical analysis essay. Show this to me before you finish as it must be PERFECT!
- Save the presentation in Classroom in the form shared with you.
- Don't worry about the sample being too short. You are just walking us through an analysis at the start of the period. This will sharpen the blade of analysis.
Check out this project from 2014/2015 AP Star Cam Z