Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Draft Outline for Review

One minute horror movie adapted from 2 sentence horror story...eeek
I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”
-Juan J Ruiz

HW:
Preliminary outline- to include preliminary opening idea (Wells), articulated support paragraph ideas

Not acceptable example:
                       III.  Actors
                                         = Terrible

                 
This is a better start:

                        III. Actors confirming every tired cliche of action films
                             A) Actor X- Reluctant hero-Love turns his heart for good
                                  1) Sample of cheesy dialogue
                                     a) "Cassandra I never knew what love was until I looked into your beautiful blue eyes..."
                                     i) Insert sarcasm

                             B) Retired Assassin comes back for one last job.
                                 1) # times we hear how he was the best
                                     i) "Do you know who you are messing with?!"
                                 2) Big boss sends out younger/eccentric team to "neutralize" our hero.



                       
This outline reflects sharper observation and an obvious strategy to organize the critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment