Here we go again...this time you can team up with a partner to break down some rhetoric from a famous film. Get started by clicking on American Rhetoic Movie Speeches. This is a first come/ first serve list for films so there can not be any redundancy in our presentations. The list begins now...tell me or the sub your selection before you get too far into the analysis. Break it down for us. Create a brief Power Point that covers the following rhetorical elements.
- Slide 1-Explain what we know about the speaker and their motive(s). What do they want from the audience?
- Slide 2-Who is the audience? What do they value? Why might they be reluctant to move upon request of speaker? or why might they be excited or intrigued? Think back to the list of appeals
- Slide 3-Explicitly lay out the strategy of the speaker. What must they do to "unlock" the audience? Establish at least three unique strategies at play in this speech.
- Slide 4 + What are the rhetorical techniques in the speech? How did this technique amplify the effect?
- Slide- 6? One perfect paragraph to model how you would write this in the rhetorical analysis essay
- Save the presentation in Class Group Projects>AP Language Turnbaugh>Film Rhetoric> Period # or save as a Google Presentation so you can work on it from anywhere. Prezi...only if you are awesome or cause us all to get motion sickness...
- Don't worry about the sample being too short. You are just walking us through an analysis at the start of the period. This will sharpen the blade of analysis.