Friday in the lab-
1. Highlight the rhetorical moves you modeled from your writer.
2. Take inventory of your sentence variety. (simple, compound, complex, compound complex, sentence spice...)
3. Can you find more active verbs?
4. Can you use stronger word choice?
5. Is there an obvious structure to the development of this argument?
- Compile a list of possible recipients for our fallacy trap. Try to arrive at ten per group member for our first survey. If you are confident that you can get more, go for it. Cross check your list so that you will not send the link to the same people. For our second pass with the fallacy trap, we will make a second page. More on that next week.
- Send out the link to your page. We will check the data as it comes in next week.
- Revise your Sander's intro. Here is a link to powerpoint from Friday.
- Read, annotate, and make discussion questions for the Twain readings.
- Get your paws on a copy of Huckleberry Finn.